You may have seen some of the amazing footage Hillclimb.tv has been producing recently and also some of the videos we’ve compiled of recent events. We’ve wanted to step this up for a while. In fact, we’ve got some kit. We are planning to have a wireless network connecting the paddock to two corners, purely for streaming video back to the paddock. We’d like to see what we can achieve and, whilst we know it won’t rival the production quality of Hillclimb.Tv, we’re going to do our best.
Would you like to be involved or do you have any kit we can use? We need all this kit if you have any of it gathering dust that you’d like to donate and the more kit we get, the more we can do…
- 12v car batteries
- Android mobile phones
- Old wireless access points, switches and routers
- Camcorders with HDMI output
- Tripods & mounts
- Screens & HDMI devices for viewing the streams
If you want to be involved, please do get in touch. Here’s some ways you could help…
- Configuring the CCTV system to record and produce a live stream – if you have experience of motion detection, that would be useful!
- Building the display screen system – we have some Raspberry Pi devices.
- Setting up the networks and cameras on Friday 26th July before the Dick Mayo Sprint – tripods and clamps.
- Being director or commentator in the commentary box.
- Refining the live streaming software – currently written in Powershell using VLC for rendering.